The project called “Multiplying the Impact Through Cross-sectoral Cooperation” consisted of one main activity – youth workers’ mobility – a training-seminar which brought together 32 youth workers, stakeholders from governmental and non-governmental sectors active in youth field and also young leaders to share the best practices of youth participation, discuss the strategies and plan the long-term international cooperation. The project took place in Sauvo(Turku) 1.-6.6.2016.
The main aim of the project is to provide young people with equal opportunities and experience which enable them to develop the competencies to play a full part in all aspects of society through expressing their needs, interests and visions. To reach the aim we set the reinforcement the cooperation across the sectors involved in youth field (public bodies – local municipalities, active youth non-governmental organizations) as our goal.
To reach the aim we have set the following objectives:
– to create space for sharing knowledge and exchanging experiences and good practices in the field of participation and youth active citizenship;
– to create space for building international partnership and planning future projects in the field of youth involvement in decision-making;
– to find a new strategies and inspiration on creating and supporting local youth initiatives;
– to learn new approaches and to find innovative way of communication between youth and local municipalities politicians/experts/
– to discover the opportunities under Erasmus+ in general, specifically focusing on Key Action 3 – structural dialogue;
– to create opportunities for starting long-term international cooperation in the field of youth participation and structural dialogue projects;
The project was carried out using various methods of non-formal education that also created platform for multiplying the gained competences. The project involved both content and practice, it established the setting for sharing the best practices, reflecting and re-analyzing the youth participation conducted in their communities and developing new activities.
By this project we intended to establish a culture of cross-sectoral cooperation in youth fields between different actors. Our main target the participants themselves are the multipliers of the project agenda, since they are working in youth field in governmental and non-governmental sectors and are involved in policy making. Thus, the result of the project has high chances of mainstreaming. We intended to have a direct long-lasting impact to increase the opportunities for young people and raise the efficiency of youth participation on local, national and international levels.